A multipurpose command line tool based on the Osmium Library
With the Osmium Tool you can:
- Get information about an OSM file
- Show the differences between OSM files
- Convert OSM files from one format into another (supports all XML and PBF formats and several more)
- Merge and apply change files to an OSM file (with or without history)
- Create OSM change files from OSM data files
- Extract data from OSM history files for a given point in time or a time range
- Sort OSM files
- Create geographical extracts from OSM files
- Filter OSM files by tags
- Filter changesets by many different criteria
- And much more...
The code is available from GitHub: github.com/osmcode/osmium-tool.
The README contains general information and build instructions.
The Osmium Tool Manual contains an introduction into the main features.
The Osmium Tool comes with a set of man pages containing all the details. They are available for several versions:
Current and past releases can be downloaded from GitHub.
Packages are available for several Linux distributions, Windows and macOS:
- Debian/Ubuntu (including backports)
- macOS (Homebrew)
- Conda-forge (linux-64, osx-64, win-64)
The Osmium Tool is available under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3.